The i4 Program is a novel initiative within the UNC/NC State Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering that melds traditional undergraduate engineering education with biomedical entrepreneurship. Composed of four phases of need Identification, Ideation, Innovation and Implementation, this design program culminates in an annual competition awarding a financial prize that supports further intellectual property development and the eventual formation of student-founded companies. Bringing talented students together with highly accomplished academic, clinical and industry professionals, the i4 Program drives young, innovative entrepreneurship into the Triangle region while fostering the creation of practical solutions to real-world problems.
- Congrats to all the i4 teams for their great performance during Pitch 2! The following team have been selected to move forward to the Final Pitch Competition:
- Sophomore/Junior Category: Carolina Alzheimer’s Research Team (CART), POP Solutions, Chemobusters
- Senior Category: TorchTech Industries, Cybathlon: Pack Bionics, Eureka BioTech
- 2020-2021 Pitch Competition Season Updates:
- Pitch 1 was held virtually on November 10th
- Pitch 2 was held virtually on March 2nd
- Final Pitch will be held as part of the Senior Design Symposium on April 29th starting at 3pm. Please RSVP at bmesymposium.com. RSVP Deadline is April 27th at 8PM.
- Purchases based from 2nd Pitch awards must be made by Final Pitch on April 29th unless otherwise approved.
- Purchase form is here and reimbursement form is here– email to Lindsay Castret (email@example.com) after filling it out.
For more information or questions, please contact Shawn Gomez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lindsay Castret (email@example.com).