The i4 Program is a novel initiative within the UNC/NC State Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering that melds traditional undergraduate engineering education with biomedical entrepreneurship. Composed of four phases of need Identification, Ideation, Innovation and Implementation, this design program culminates in an annual competition awarding a financial prize that supports further intellectual property development and the eventual formation of student-founded companies. Bringing talented students together with highly accomplished academic, clinical and industry professionals, the i4 Program drives young, innovative entrepreneurship into the Triangle region while fostering the creation of practical solutions to real-world problems.
- Congrats to all the i4 teams for their great performance during Pitch 1! All teams received money to further develop their ideas for Pitch 2, but special recognitions goes out to:
- Top Sophomore Team: Carolina Alzheimer’s Research Team (CART)
- Top Junior Team: POP Solutions
- Top Senior Team: Muse Biomedical
- 2020-2021 Pitch Competition Season Updates:
- Pitch 1 was held virtually on November 10th
- Check back for updates on Pitch 2, which will tentatively be held in February 2021
- Purchases based from Fall 2020 1st Pitch awards must be made by Pitch 2 in February 2021 unless otherwise approved.
- Purchase form is here and reimbursement form is here– email to Lindsay Castret (email@example.com) after filling it out.
For more information or questions, please contact Shawn Gomez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lindsay Castret (email@example.com).