The i4 Program is a novel initiative within the UNC/NC State Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering that melds traditional undergraduate engineering education with biomedical entrepreneurship. Composed of four phases of need Identification, Ideation, Innovation and Implementation, this design program culminates in an annual competition awarding a financial prize that supports further intellectual property development and the eventual formation of student-founded companies. Bringing talented students together with highly accomplished academic, clinical and industry professionals, the i4 Program drives young, innovative entrepreneurship into the Triangle region while fostering the creation of practical solutions to real-world problems.
- Congrats to all the i4 teams for their great performance during Pitch 2!
- A special congratulations to finalists: PupPack, Muse Biomedical, ACEA Medical, Pack Bionics, Public Cervix Announcement, and ElectroTeq
- The 2020 Final Pitch Competition in May was cancelled due to the coronavirus
- 2020-2021 Pitch Competition Season Updates:
- Pitch 1 will be held virtually on November 10th starting at 5:00pm
- Teams must register for Pitch 1 by November 3rd using the registration form here
- Purchases based from Spring 2020 2nd Pitch awards must be made by Pitch 1 on November 10, 2020 unless otherwise approved.
- Purchase form is here and reimbursement form is here– email to Lindsay Castret (email@example.com) after filling it out.
For more information or questions, please contact Shawn Gomez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lindsay Castret (email@example.com).