The i4 Program is a novel initiative within the UNC/NC State Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering that melds traditional undergraduate engineering education with biomedical entrepreneurship. Composed of four phases of need Identification, Ideation, Innovation and Implementation, this design program culminates in an annual competition awarding a financial prize that supports further intellectual property development and the eventual formation of student-founded companies. Bringing talented students together with highly accomplished academic, clinical and industry professionals, the i4 Program drives young, innovative entrepreneurship into the Triangle region while fostering the creation of practical solutions to real-world problems.
- Congrats to all the i4 teams for their great performance in the Spring 2022 Final Pitch competition!
- 2022-2023 Pitch Competition Season Updates:
- Pitch 1 will be held virtually on November 15 at 6:30 p.m.
- Pitch 2 will be held virtually on February 21 at 6:30 p.m.
- Please check back for instructions and registration forms.
- Final Pitch will be held as part of the Senior Design Symposium on April 18.
- Purchases based on Final Pitch awards must be made by the next Final Pitch on April 18, 2023, unless otherwise approved.
- Purchase form can be viewed here – please email it to Caitlyn Collier (email@example.com) after filling it out.
For more information or questions, please contact Shawn Gomez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Caitlyn Collier (email@example.com).