The i4 Program is a novel initiative within the UNC/NC State Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering that melds traditional undergraduate engineering education with biomedical entrepreneurship. Composed of four phases of need Identification, Ideation, Innovation and Implementation, this design program culminates in an annual competition awarding a financial prize that supports further intellectual property development and the eventual formation of student-founded companies. Bringing talented students together with highly accomplished academic, clinical and industry professionals, the i4 Program drives young, innovative entrepreneurship into the Triangle region while fostering the creation of practical solutions to real-world problems.
- Congrats to all the i4 teams for their great performance in the Spring 2023 Final Pitch Competition!
- 2024 i4 Pitch Competition Updates:
- This year there will only be a pitch 1 and a final pitch.
- Pitch 1 will be held virtually on January 29th at 6:30 PM.
- Final Pitch will be held as part of the Senior Design Symposium on Tuesday, April 16th, 2024.
- Purchases from Final Pitch 2023 awards must be made by April 10th, 2024, unless otherwise approved.
- Purchase form can be viewed here – please email it to Caitlyn Collier (email@example.com) after filling it out.
For more information or questions, please contact Shawn Gomez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Caitlyn Collier (email@example.com).