For students with a strong engineering background, a minimum of 30 semester hours of graduate study is required for the Master of Science (MS) Degree. The student’s advisory committee will help the student develop a plan of work tailored to fit the student’s career goals.
SUMMARY OF COURSE REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of 30 semester hours of graduate study is required for the MS Degree. Refer to the curriculum summary for the Master’s degree for details of current requirements. Typical Master’s course hours include:
- BME Seminar (BME 802 / BMME 890) – each semester prior to graduation (except the semester prior to graduation)
- Bio/Med: Graduate Biochemistry in the Fall semester and Systems Physiology in the Spring semester
- Engineering: 6 hours (refer to Approved Course List B1-3 Engineering)
- Graduate-level mathematics: 3 hours (refer to Approved Course List)
- Graduate-level statistics: 3 hours
- Electives: 6 hours or more (with approval of advisor)
- Thesis research : minimum of 3 hours
Students previously completing equivalent coursework in graduate math and statistics may be exempted from this requirement by permission of the DGP.